Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Harrison is Growing

Harrison is still small for his age compared to his peers, but to dear old mom he looks so big. He got as small as 5 lbs 8 oz and now I estimate him at 8.5 - 9 pounds and his head is noticeably larger (daddy has quite the noggin).


This is the most recent picture, taken 3 days ago

Other than size, he has also made some other strides in development. He can definitely see people standing nearby and has come to identify mom in the room (yeah!). At Sunday dinner at grandma Dreslaine's house last week, Harrison was really fussy for her and Zaidy (grandpa Steve) so I picked him up our of their arms thinking he might need to be changed and he immediately stopped crying and started staring at me and even smiled a little. Michael and I have also been able to solicit voluntary smiles from him (definitely not gas related) and his neck control is much improved.


With Aunt Alexis


Hanging out with dad
We set up his play mat (which we refer to as his gym... one of us should be working out!) and he can be happy in there for about 30 minutes, kicking his legs and grasping the rattles we put in his hands.




Last but certainly not least, he has become an official University of Washington Husky fan. He and dad watched the March Madness basketball games together and mom made his onesie using some sharpies. Unfortunately the huskies lost in the second round of play so they will have to wait until football season to start cheering again.

4 comments:

terramisu said...

I have been waitin' for Baby H pics. What a pure doll! I bet you just can't get enough of squishing him! Squish himo nce for me!


If you read Inteview w/ a Vamp. tell me what you think. Jon read it (awhile ago) and said the story was neat-but then there was hundreds of pages where Anne Rice just described emotions of the vamps. (But of course this is coming from a guy too).

Galanti's said...

I love the Onesie... All the football sign making as a cheerleader came in handy! lol..

He is so darn cute!

. said...

Too cute! I can't believe how much older he is already looking! I especially love his big, alert eyes...adorable! The picture with Mike is great because you can even see him smiling in it.

Shivonne Byrne said...

Yeah - what a sweetie pie!! Looking forward to seeing him "live" at Easter...Bon Bon