(Yikes! I typed this up and forgot all about it! I did want to preserve the original date even though it is posting 2 weeks later..)
Today, Harrison found that super sweet spot that keeps you upright, also know as "Balance." Up until today, he had been able to let go of the couch and stand for a few seconds without falling but never longer than maybe 10 seconds. When I arrived at school this evening, Miss Sylvia exclaimed in her sweet, Russian accented voice, "Harr-ee-son stand up today for long time!" and he did just that a minute later, balancing on his own two feet and even taking a toy out of Sylvia's hands (my little multi-tasker!).
At home, Harrison wasted no time practicing and showing off his new skills. Not only did he pull himself up using his toy box and stand without help, he proceeded to bend at the knees, pick up toys and stand upright again. Here's the real kicker: at some point, Harrison sat down (and refused to smile) as I took pictures; he got on his hands and knees and pushed off on both feet like a "downward dog" pose in yoga; the next thing I knew he was standing! Absolutely momentous - standing from the floor all by himself! And to think that 6 months ago he couldn't even roll over.
Are you all thinking what I am thinking? In no time at all he will be walking (and then running)! My mom said to me a few months ago that once they learn to walk and run, they start running away from you (sad!). Well, as long as he wants to run towards me some of the time I will be happy.
1 comment:
Yea! Harrison, you go big boy!
We got to see his "prowess" and indeed, he was just short of taking that first step. Any day now....
Mom and Dad, make sure the camcorder is on hand!
Post a Comment