Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Michael's Birthday Weekend

Michael's birthday was Sunday, September 12th so we had the weekend to mark the ocassion. Saturday morning we walked to the Starbucks and Harrison enjoyed his first Starbucks beverage... a steamed milk! He LOVES drinking out of straws so he practically swiped it out of my hands before I could hand it to him. I had the barista make it 100* which is the equivalent to luke warm but Harrison has been drinking cold milk for so long I think it caught him off guard. Every third sip he would hold the milk in his mouth and then let it dribble out in a slow waterfall down his chin and onto his shirt, pants and the bench. What the heck?!

Aaron arrived around noon so he, Michael, James and a friend were off to the 4pm Husky game while mom and toddler did some shopping and playing the rest of the day. I managed to find a 2T size Nike Husky sweatsuit (which he can't fit into until next year) as well as a UW t-shirt from Old Navy (I'm a sucker for Husky gear that is on sale!!). Harrison also enjoyed some playtime at the play area at the mall; it has a dinosaur theme so in this picture he is inside a giant dinosaur egg!


Sunday morning we let dad sleep in while we picked up some donuts and coffee after doing some grocery shopping. Harrison "picked out" a cool Husky long sleeved thermal Tshirt to keep dad warm this season. Since the Seahawk game was on at 1pm, I took Harrison shopping with me again for a bit so dad could watch the hawks win. Sunday evening Harrison hung out at grandmama's while mom and dad went to Bellevue for dinner at Bis on Main which was a wonderful meal (truffle oil infused pommes frites anyone?).


While Michael did not comment specifically on his new age, he did mention that he is indeed feeling old after a light tailgate left him snoring on the couch at 9:30pm! Harrison thinks he has the coolest dad around and surely that's all that counts!

No comments: