In early 2006, I started a book club because I loved to read and wanted to spend more time with my friends. These woman have become some of my closest friends and I am amazed at how our club has both stuck together and grown! Getting together and reading the same material and sharing opinions brings us closer to one another than I would ever get with most of the people I work with day in and out chatting about the weather or the weekend. These girls know I hate the romantic, perfectly plotted stuff of Nicholas Sparks and know I love works of fiction that delve into societal issues while giving us an interesting plot with interesting characters. And they know I LOVE to eat, in fact we all do and tend to choose the next read depending on the type of food we want to eat. I would rather choose the book first but the majority rules.
The first book club of 2011 gathered at Melissa's house in nearby Snohomish last weekend. Since we had chosen two books with Japanese characters, we had a sushi making party and I tried my hand at yakisoba. We don't regularly take photos so I am glad I have this one to remind me of how lucky I am to have these ladies in my life!
from left to right: Ellyce, Melony, Tina, Ashley, Melissa, Brennan, Sara, Alicia and Raina
No comments:
Post a Comment