Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Snuggle Bug

At night, after I turn off the light, I usually sing a song to Harrison however he prefers to dictate which song I sing. For instance, if I start with "Twinkle, twinkle" he will whine "noooo" before I can finish singing "star." Sometimes I go through four or five songs and he receive the same reply.

Last week, was one of those nights so I made up a little song that was mostly the words "snuggle bug" drawn out for a few seconds over and over. After a few times, he started singing it back to me. After a minute, it sounded like this:

Me: "Snuggle Bug"
HJ: "Snuggle Bug"
Me: "Snuggle Bug"
HJ: "Mommy Bug"
Me: "Cuddle Bug"
HJ: "No, Mommy Bug"
Me: "Snuggle Bug"
HJ: "Mommy Bug"

...and then he was pretty much asleep in my arms. I went downstairs with a big smile on my face and told Michael "I win. You did the dishes and I got the sweetest little boy in the world!"

1 comment:

Winnie said...

This blog brought tears to my eyes. You are such a good mommy....