Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Where is Team Fein?

Most of you know that Harrison's 3rd birthday was this past Saturday which should explain why you haven't heard too much from me lately. I thought I would make his birthday party "easy" on myself this year by booking it at The Little Gym so the kids would have fun playing and the gym would take care of the set up and clean up. Upon giving them a deposit back in December, I was asked "do you have a theme?" Why no, I didn't realize that I could or should theme it as I thought the party was pretty much taken care of. Alas, it got me thinking and then my party planning brain went into over drive.

After finding some inspiration on this blog, I decided that a vintage superhero inspired theme would really make this birthday party pop. I sold Harrison on the idea and thus began my descent into insanity and insomnia. I did snatch up two great finds on etsy that made my life a lot easier. The first were his invitations:


Next was this awesome "party pack" that allowed me to add some flare which you will see below.

For some reason I can no longer remember, I thought that making cake pops would be a really great idea, which was fun but time consuming. Grandpa Dale came up for the party and helped me make them (thanks grandpa!).


The real insanity began the week of the snow storm when I ran to the craft store before we got snowed in to pick up something like 8 yards or costume satin, 30 sheets of felt and other supplies to make 15 double sided super hero capes and masks for each guest. If the sound of that doesn't impress you (perhaps you have no frame of reference), let me tell you that once I got the hang of the project each cape took almost two hours and the masks 30 minutes each. And if you think that I am a stay at home mom with loads of time during the day, let me tell you that I got about 60 minutes during Harrison's nap time and otherwise worked at night... my husband barely saw me for a couple of weeks.

He was certain that nobody would appreciate these capes but once they party started everyone was really impressed and thankful for the cool gifts. Here is a picture of the contents of the finished gift bags:

Well, there you have it, that is what has been keeping me away from blogging, and everything else, for the past several weeks. Birthday party details to come.

2 comments:

. said...

What more than "WOW" can be said about this?!?! You are truly amazing...Harrison is super lucky to have such a terrific mom!!!!

Winnie said...

My goodness, I have known it all along what you are planning to do, but even I am "SUPER" impressed with your "HEROIC" efforts to make this party a SMASHing hit! :()