Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pooks, Revealed

On May 29th I had an ultrasound and we discovered that dear Pooks is in a breech position. The little bugger is comfortably resting with his head on the right side of my belly with his bum and feet pointed towards my nether regions. To ensure I understood his position, I asked the doc how far he needs to turn around and she replied "180 degrees." Awesome, Pooks, awesome... we have some work to do. This would explain why I (a) feel rather uncomfortable (b) feel lots of movement on my right, probably his hands and definitely his head when he stretches (c) feel lots of kicks super low around my waistline.

I have a follow up appointment in 8 weeks and realistically that is enough time for him to turn around and get with the program. If not, it looks like there are techniques to encourage the baby to flip which they don't like to do until 32 weeks anyway, probably to decrease the chance of the little one flipping around again (since he will be much bigger by then). I will talk to my OB about it next week.

In the meantime, I did get a couple of decent head shots of Pooks. The "face" shot is my favorite as you can see his cheeks (looking less like a skeleton). He weighs about 1.75 lbs and is on track for growth.



3 comments:

terramisu said...

I'm Loving Little Pookie already. He is a lot like me.

Stubborn!

I gotta love that!!!!

Dreslaine said...

His father was in a perfect position the morning he was born. By the time we got to the hospital that evening, he decided to come out arm first. Pooks just takes after him.

Unknown said...

Blech. Head up is so uncomfortable, though not uncommon at this stage-I encourage you to start trying to turn him now, and call me if you want to discuss why I don't think you should wait and the myriad different ways to flip babies.