Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter!

It has been busy around the Fein household the past few weeks so I have some catching up to do. I'll start at the most recent and work my way back:

I took the picture below of Harrison a few days before Easter... I LOVED him in his Easter outfit and just had to ensure it was documented and decided to go overboard and stage it like a professional studio. The funny part is what you can't see... the only room with adequate lighting was the new bathroom so I draped a bed sheet over the shower stall and stacked large storage bins against the shower door and draped another bed sheet over that. I placed the basket on top and stuffed it with my smallest throw pillow to give him something firm to sit on and then covered it with the grass. The background is actually the pad to his changing table which was firm enough to support him as he leaned up against it. Aunt Chyna sat him in the basket and is stationed just outside the range of the lens - her hands would spring in and prop him back into a sitting position whenever he would start to slump over every 20 seconds or so! Also my flash was too bright and the bathroom lights too dim so i had hunted around the house until I cold find a suitable piece of opaque plastic to put in front of my flash to try to diffuse the light. WHEW! In the end, this is what we got and I think it was definitely worth the effort!

Happy Easter!


Another shot from the same morning
Team Fein spent the Easter holiday with Michael's family at mass at Sacred Heart Church (of which Harrison spent half the service in the foyer - no surprise there) followed by an evening at Uncle John and Aunt Shivonne's (aka Auntie Bon Bon) house. Michael contributed his signature holiday dish of scalloped potatoes, chalk full of cheese and cream and deliciousness... oh the deliciousness! Next year the whole family is looking forward to resuming egg hunts again.

In an effort to instill a love of reading early, I have been reading books to Harrison for a few weeks now, although I am sure he doesn't even realize I am holding a book in front of him. On Saturday morning, Michael picked up a book and read to him for the first time and genuinely grabbed his attention - totally cute (the baby, not so much dad in the morning)!

Reading "Baby Beluga"
Aunt Chyna left the warm weather of Las Vegas and spent her Spring Break with us in Seattle; while it snowed on April 1st, by April 5th it was sunny and warm and we were able to go out and enjoy several activities, including a picnic at Medina Beach, the Seattle Aquarium (Chyna's favorite!) and a visit to the Pacific Science Center and their Butterfly House, one of my most favorite places to visit.

Baby and Mommy in the Butterfly House

Aunt Chyna Researching Species
Medina Beach - Harrison is 9 weeks old

Aunt Chyna changed her first diaper this week!

Monday morning while waiting for Aunt Chyna to wake up (at almost 15, she can sleep like 12 hours at night... in my dreams!), Harrison spent some time in the gym and caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror and seemed quite entertained with his handsome self.

Last week, we put Harrison down for a nap and when I came in to check on him to my surprise I found him sucking his thumb in his sleep. However he wasn't just recreationally sucking on it, he was going at it like his little life depended on it and I am convinced he would have swallowed his entire hand if those little fingers didn't get in the way! He usually uses a pacifier so this was a first and he hasn't done it since, probably because we swaddle him and lock in his arms... this day his "Houdini Hands" had made their way out.

Look at his cheeks, sucking away!

Daddy likes to play around when he gets home for work and mom makes dinner. What a great way for both of them to relax!

goofballs

5 comments:

terramisu said...

You are amazing at taking photos. I am loving all the cute Easter-y/spring-y things in that pic!
And you got him to smile for it too! (That is hard to do-)


I am coming to the Seattle area (husband-less and kid-less) on Memorial Weekend (with a friend) to go antiquing/shopping/playing, etc. If you guys are around then, I would love to see you. (If not-
I will catch ya' another time!)I would love to finally squish (in a god way) that baby of yours!

terramisu said...

I meant to say that I want to squish your babes in a good way (not a god way) Thats what I get for using a wirless keyboard! Bug ya' later!

Ashley said...

That is hilarious how much effort you put into that picture - but it looks awesome! And I love the pictures of Harrison sucking his thumb!Good to know that Chyna has some diaper changing experience!

Unknown said...

To-day do I bake, to-morrow I brew,
The day after that the queen's child comes in;
And oh! I am glad that nobody knew
That the name I am called is Rumpelkhooskin!

Jesse said...

It's never too early to start reading! We read to Cameron before she sleeps and you can really tell which books she likes best...usually the Dr. Suess books that rhyme. It's also great for his language skills to hear to you talk and a great way to bond!