Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Work is around the corner...

Well, it's official. Monday, June 1st I will be going back to work full time and Harrison is going to Day Care :(

Many of you may recall I had a part time gig worked out and LONG story short, it is no longer available so I am going back to my old job. This isn't so bad as I actually enjoy my job however I really didn't want to put Harrison in day care full time. Michael and I talked and talked and talked about this and at this time it is the best thing for our family. I found what looks to be an excellent day care just up the street (two minutes and one stop light away) and from my several conversations with the staff I think that Harrison will be well cared for by loving people.

Michael feels funny taking him to day care since he will be working from home but he promises to try to head up there at lunch time and hang out with his boy; he can probably drop off a little later and pick up a little earlier than if he wasn't so nearby. I did the math last night and I think I will have to get up at 5am in order to get Harrison's stuff ready as well as myself and hit the Bus Park & Ride by 6:30am. I usually get home around 5:30pm (in decent traffic) which is going to make for a really long day.

We will probably reevaluate the situation in a couple months to see if it is really working for our family. I feel fortunate to have a wonderful manager and a great job when so many people are struggling in this economy but the emotions I feel as a mother are certainly strong so this was a difficult decision for us to make. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

terramisu said...

Yes! It is so tough to leave your first lil' one with someone else.
My neighbor watched Nolan for a semester while I did my student teaching. Nolan was 4 months old. I think my heart broke the first few days I had to leave him behind.

It will get easier and he won't even remember this time away from you!

terramisu said...

Oh Yeah- I sent you an email- but for some reason if you didn't get it- I was wondering if I could meet with you on Sat. (and Harrison of course) Your house or maybe lunch at a restaruant- whatever works best 4 you.

I will email you right now with my cell # if you need to contact me after I have left (on fri morning)

Unknown said...

Raina, We will say a couple prayers for you and the fam. That is a tough decision but you guys will make the most of it I am sure!!!! If you guys need anything remember we are close!

. said...

Hang in there girly! While it is tough to leave the kids at home, there is definitely something nice about having some you time. It makes your we/us time even better!!!