Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Auntie Barbara Visits!

Auntie Barbara (Michael's father [Earl's] sister) came to visit from SoCal for a week and she is always so much fun to be around. We enjoyed visiting with her and checking out photos of her cutie pie grand daughter, Paige.

One of the best things about having family visit is that the entire family gets together to be part of the fun. Everyone (but me) got on the sailboat on Saturday and sailed around Lake Union & Lake Washington and then docked in Kirkland for hamburgers at The Slip. Everyone (especially Michael, but not Raina) was excited to get Harrison out on the boat. Zaidy has an infant life preserver so they all assured me he would be safe although I don't think anyone considered that he would be uncomfortable in it; evidently he didn't care for it much. I will post these pictures once they are provided to me.

On Sunday, we gathered at the Haistings' house for brunch. Auntie Barbara made her husband Ron's Dutch Babies which were SO yummy and grandma Dreslaine made a delicious cheesy quiche.

Zaidy & Baby

Aunt Alexis & Baby
Once we were in the house for about 10 minutes, Winston came into the room and promptly coughed up some foam, which is not uncommon. Upon further inspection, I noticed it had a blue-green substance and after some discussion we came to the conclusion that Winston had eaten rat poison. Zaidy and Michael rushed him to the Emergency Vet; the good news was that we had only been at the house for 10 minutes so we knew that the poison had not been in his system for long. The short of it is that Winston will be fine but I shudder to think what would have happened had he not coughed it up in front of me.

Wednesday Barbara and Grandpa Hugh came over dinner before she left to go back home. Harrison got tired while we were around the table talking so I swaddled him and began rocking him while the gang started singing songs. This group sang the gamut, everything from "Your A Grand Old Flag" to "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" to "The California Drinking Song." I don't know what's worse - the fact that we were singing a drinking song to a baby or the fact that we knew all the words. Michael and I routinely sing all sorts of stuff to him, the oddest being The Brady Bunch theme song. The best songs are the ones that Michael makes up using familiar tunes, they're a lot of fun for us.


No comments: