Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

First Father's Day! (part 1)

Happy Father's Day, DAD! ~Harrison
Planning for Father's Day started on April 30th when mom took baby into Sears for his 3 month portraits. We arrived at 12pm on a Thursday and Harrison had just woken up from a nap, but instead of feeling invigorated and refreshed, he was cranky and very uninterested in posing for pictures. So I say to Harrison, "the nice lady doesn't have all day to wait for you to smile!" to which she replied, "actually I do - my next appointment isn't until 4:30" and I knew I would do my best to exploit her kindness and spare time.
She was very patient with Harrison and tried all kinds of tricks to get him to smile. After a full 60 minutes of taking photos, we ended up with about 80 usable images. As we sat at the computer picking out prints, the girl was doing her duty to get me to buy as much as possible. As I purposely hemmed and hawed, she started cropping photos and putting together collages to entice me. In the end, I bought a package that got me the 2 collages above and all the digital photos with the rights to them on a CD. Although it wasn't inexpensive, I know I got the better bargain. The 3 head shots below were given to all the grandpa's as Father's Day gifts.



This one is my favorite. Wells Fargo will let you choose a picture to place on your Visa card so I had it put on my debit card. I was SO excited when it showed up... I immediately showed it off to everyone at work. I would post a picture but then my card number would be all over the internet...

Harrison, Winston and I feel that Michael is such a wonderful father and we are so thankful that he is ours to love! Michael was picking up Harrison from Day Care last week and he sat down and said, "I just like to sit and play with him for 5 minutes before we leave becuase when I go home I immediately start working on chores." He didn't say this as a complaint but rather that he likes to go home and get things done around the house. A mother nearby heard him and said, "You do chores?! My husband doesn't do chores... tell your wife she is a very lucky woman!" I am indeed! He never complains and is always willing to help, no matter how tired he is (or how snippy I am). He gets up with Harrison at 2am every morning, takes him to and from school, ensures Winston is healthy (seemingly a full time job in and of itself... I think I failed to mention Winston ate rat poison last weekend), goes to work and constantly works around the house - all to ensure we are happy and cared for. Thank you "our dad!"

2 comments:

. said...

Love the pics, he has such an adorable smile!!!! Happy (first) Father's Day Mike!

Winnie said...

A BIG Thank You to Michael from your mother-in-law for keeping "my babies" very loved and well cared-for!