Strangely enough, we went home and he was in good spirits despite the runny nose and the projectile snot each time he sneezed. Late in the afternoon, I put him down for a nap around 4pm and he cried and cried and cried. In fact, he didn't fall asleep until just after 5pm and only slept for 30 minutes. He sounded livid through the baby monitor and felt bad for the little guy.
I picked him up out of his crib and took him into the kitchen for some dinner and he was happy enough to sit in his high chair. He eagerly ate his favorite, pureed pumpkin and opened his mouth wide... so wide that I could see a new tooth poking out of his bottom gums! It turns out that he had been teething and cut a tooth during his nap! Since we had just been to the pediatrician, I know it wasn't there in the morning I sure felt bad when I realized I had let him wail that whole hour.
The next night, dad said he thought there were two teeth and indeed there were! He got his two bottom front teeth in 24 hours. Here is a not so great photo... he wouldn't sit still while we tried to pry his mouth open. It's teeny tiny so you may have to look really hard:
Grandma Nancy sent a cute Halloween Beanie and Bib and let me tell you, he sure looked like a chubby pumpkin in that beanie!
3 comments:
There will be more teeth to come. Winston, watch out! I love that pumpkin beanie!
Kiera is cutting her first teeth at the moment, too (also the front bottoms)! Much fun, much fun. I highly recommend Hyland Homeopathics teething gel if you haven't already discovered it-work better than Orajel and lasts longer (I used it when I had my wisdom teeth out).
Cameron always gets her teeth in pairs too! She just got molars #3 and #4...not fun.
Post a Comment