I failed at my blogging duties... although I uploaded all these photos in January, I am typing this in September. This frustrates me becuase I remember that I had a lot to say but now I only have some fleeting memories...
Every year Grandmama takes all her kids to see Santa Claus for portrait so this year we made a family morning of it and enjoyed some time downtown to take in some holiday magic and cheer. We all agreed that the Old Saint Nick was most excellent and had a real beard! I caught these photos of Harrison via the video camera so as stills, they are not super sharp and I was actually pretty far away. He was actually kind of confused as to who he was sitting with but this shot of him looking up is just priceless!
After viewing the giant gingerbread houses made by local chefs and architect firms, the three of us went with Aunt Alexis for lunch and something amazing happened... Harrison voluntarily took his first bite of solid food! We had been baiting him with all sorts of things but he would always spit it out preferring the perfectly blended veggies and fruit mama makes for him. This Christmas miracle occurred with the aid of soft french fries. While he spit out anything remotely tough (fried to a crisp), he would eat the soft middle if I broke them in half and smooshed out the insides. Harrison, for the record mama really did not want to feed this to you but dad insisted and overall it was an important step for you towards mastering your chewing abilities!


No comments:
Post a Comment