Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Love Bites!

On Monday, Harrison stayed home with momma since his daycare was closed for the President's Day holiday. Grandpa and Oma financed a cool new play tent for Harrison's birthday, so I set it up and he was having a great time playing. He walked over to me in the manner he does when he wants a hug, so I opened up my arms to embrace him. He walked right in to my embrace and bit me on my left shoulder! While I know most kids go through biting, this had never occurred before and caught me completely off guard so my gut reaction was to yelp in pain and yell "NO!" He looked at me, his eyes started to fill with tears, his lips began to quiver but he did not start crying as I expected. Instead he nuzzled into the same spot on my shoulder and then "kissed" it several times (he kind of opens his mouth and bumps his head at you). What was really painful suddenly turned into a really sweet moment. Instantly forgiven, we went on playing.

I would like to note that three days later, I still have obvious red marks on my shoulder!

1 comment:

terramisu said...

Jon's always asking me about various bruises on my body. I never know how I get them, but most are due to the kids one way or the other.

Consider your bite a battle scar (just all part of the fun)and be proud!-lol

Love his cute birthday pics. Give him a 1 year birthday squish for me.