Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rudolph Boo Boo

The week before we left for Maui, we had stolled down to the market at the Town Center, grabbed some croissants and sat outside at a Starbucks to enjoy the fine weather. As we were getting ready to leave, I put Harrison down on the ground but did not realize he was just steps from Winston's leash. Winston stood up to leave, the leash drew taught and Harrison promptly took a step and face planted into the cement. He actually did a good job of catching himself but his nose certainly took the brunt of the impact with a big abrasion, scraping just enough skin to cause quite a bit of bleeding. Poor baby. I had to run back into the market to buy neosporin and band aids.



The pictures were taken later that afternoon so the boo boo was a distant memory by then, not nearly as red. I remembered that we would return from Maui on Mother's Day and I therefore needed to work on Mom's Day gifts for the grandmas now. While Harrison was napping, I ran down the street to the Town Center and started painting some mugs to place his hand print on. When he woke, Michael walked him down to meet me. Turns out it is not very easy to convince a 14 month old to let you paint and place his hand perfectly onto a ceramic mug. We made 4 and only 1 turned out near perfect... alas, I should have made one for myself. For my Mother's Day gift, Michael joked "I am flying you to Seattle!" (from Maui)

3 comments:

terramisu said...

Ouch! Poor guy- he looks content in the pics though. They recover so quickly it is crazy!

Winnie said...

Poor baby!

Ashley said...

Isaac has a sore like that right beneath his nose right now - ouch!