A couple weekends ago, we decided to take it easy and hang around the house. Michael installed new curtain rods in the living room and kitchen so Harrison and I used the time to putter about the deck as well as visit the park.
Remember a few posts ago I mentioned potting some herbs? To keep them alive, I have been watering them often with a watering can and Harrison immediately took a shine to it. Now whenever he steps onto the deck, he immediately walks over to the table (which is out of sight behind a protruding wall) and and says "more, more" and points to the watering can. He walks over to our little maple tree and pretends to water it for several minutes and then asks me to lift him onto a chair so he can water the herbs on the table. And woe be unto she who tries to take it away in less than 10 minutes! Now he also insists we walk into the kitchen and actually fill the bottom with water, which is funny because he can't lift it high enough to pour the water out and I have to do it for him. I love this bit of Mommy-Harry time together.
After the plants were sufficiently pretend-watered, Harrison and I ventured to a nearby park which boasts a super awesome water play ground. On this day, there were three birthday parties plus the normal park visitors so the place was packed. Harrison doesn't mind crowds but he likes to sit back and observe awhile before venturing into them, so he actually didn't play all that much. That said, he still got a light sun burn on the tip of his nose. This mom is just excited his little Hawaii swim wear gets another use while it still fits!




2 comments:
Looks like fun...what a great park! Hope you all had a terrific 4th!!!
That's hilarious, the watering can is almost as big as he is!
Post a Comment