Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Shutter Bugs

This momma loves to take pictures. My momma instilled this in me as a kid even while my brother and I griped about posing and smiling for a zillion photos; it seemed like her picture taking would never end! Now I can't get enough of it and have tried to better my skills with a few classes and blog reading. Last weekend, I gathered three of my friends and we hit the streets of Seattle, joining Seattle Shutter Tours with one other photo loving visitor and our tour guide, Valentina (check out her website, there are photos of James jumping off a window ledge). While we all have nice cameras, we all wanted to better learn how to use them and Valentina was patient and knowledgeable guiding us through aperture, white balance, shutter speeds, etc. Here are some of my favorite photos from our three hour tour (some are taken by my friends, check the captions).

The "Gum Wall" in Post Alley - Raina

Wall opposite the "Gum Wall," Post Alley - Raina
Raina & Kristen, Post Alley - Valentina

Nectarines, Pike Place Market - Raina
Farmer stand, Pike Place Market - Aaron

James, Raina, Kristen, Aaron, Post Alley - Valentina
Pike Place Market - Kristen
Pike Place Market  - James

Hammering Man, Seattle Art Museum - Kristen
WaMu Courtyard, 2nd & Seneca - Valentina
WaMu Courtyard, 2nd & Seneca - Valentina
Raina through a cafe window - James

2 comments:

Winnie said...

Mama Bear I am SOOO proud of you! I'd only wish I had opportunities like yours to learn more about photography. You are naturally artistic and have great eye for composing. Learning the mechanics and learning how to use special techniques will definitely augment your photography!

Valentina Vitols said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this post, Raina! I had a wonderful time with you guys as well. So glad you got some good tips and info during the tour :-D

Your family is lovely...and of course, Winston the bulldog...well, you know how I feel about those angels.

So happy to meet you.

Warm regards,
Valentina