Harrison evidently has a new found taste for black beans!
Jon asked me what I would like to be called as Argenta's aunt. I hadn't really thought of this and had so far referred to myself as Auntie Raina. They suggested a Chinese word (indicating the eldest aunt on her paternal side da gu) but I felt I didn't really fit it... Audrey's two sisters speak Chinese and Chyna embraces our Chinese heritage more than I do... to be frank, I am her "white aunt!" Ironically, as we walked near Harvard Square, Jon had a brainstorm - "tia" is the Spanish word for aunt and we thought Tia Raina had a nice ring to it. But then I had my own epiphany... Tia Raina translated from Spanish means "Queen Aunt." Let's just say I was more then eager to proclaim myself Tia Raina. The rest of the weekend I used my very limited Spanish vocabulary to speak to Argenta. Te amo Argenta!
Behind all the curtness, you may notice they have some vintage Playboys hanging on the wall... very cool, especially in the industrial loft (used to be an old light bulb factory). Next to those (out of sight), they actually have a deconstructed piano on the wall!
Tia Raina gives a glimpse into Argenta's future... with hair!
The middle window reads "Dewey, Cheatum & Howe," the fictional legal representation and radio studio for the NPR show, Car Talk, which I love (Harvard Square)
I had a great weekend in Boston, Thank You Jon & co! I arrived home around 11pm Sunday night. Michael woke up at 3:30am to catch a plane out to Chicago for work and got home Tuesday night around midnight... we literally saw each other for about 10 minutes in 5 days!
1 comment:
My two grandbabies have just got to be the cutest and most adorable young uns this side of the mississippi!
Post a Comment