Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Tailgating & Baby Shower

Last weekend was very busy between Husky tailgating and preparing and throwing a baby shower for Aaron and Irene. On Saturday, Harrison, Irene and mom met Aaron and dad as well as many of our friends for the Husky Homecoming tailgate. This was Harrison's first tailgate and he was very impressed with the set up. Tent, chairs, lots of food and drink as well as a fire pit to keep us warm. Since the sun was setting, I didn't get any good pictures or maybe Harrison was just moving too fast, hopped up on sugar from juice and some bits of chocolate funneled to him by d-a-d.

HJ, Irene and I went back home to watch the game on tv and put Harrison to bed. Once asleep, Irene and I worked from 8:00 - midnight making a fritatta, quiche, cinnamon rolls, cupcakes and scones for our 10am baby shower. And yes, I made the very pregnant guest of honor decorate and bake for her own shower. Although she did insist she help, I really didn't resist and quite frankly I would have been up until 2 or 3 without her help. I tend to be overly ambitious prepping for this sort of thing (see below).

 Harrison Fein (20 months); Tyler Kernkamp (5 months); Gavin Tutrow (7 weeks)
I made some cool looking butterfly cupcakes by melting lifesavers for the wings and then forgot to have people eat them in the end.

1 comment:

Winnie said...

These are great-looking cupcakes! Did you melt the life-savers in the oven, or the microwave?