The Monday before Thanksgiving, the Puget Sound was beseiged by snow. While I was complaining that day care decided to close at 4pm and I had to leave work early for traces of snow (we tend to freak out at snowflakes around here), I was extremely grateful that I left work at 12:30pm... my coworkers that left at 4pm had commute times of 5 hours, 9 hours and even an 11 hour commute - she got home at 3:30am. While it wasn't a blizzard, it was significant snowfall and there were traffic accidents everywhere. Thankfully our family made it home safe and we could watch the snow fall from the comfort of our warm home.
Oddly enough, two days earlier Harrison and I found an awesome second hand kids store and we picked up snow boots and mittens. The zipper on his winter coat broke but that didn't stop him from getting on his gear and heading to the park across the street with mom, dad and Winston. The pictures below are on the last day the snow was around so there was actually more snow than you can see here.
We celebrated Thanksgiving and Uncle John and Aunt Shivonne's house with the whole family, however we have a bad habit of rarely taking photos. While we were there, my brother Jon called me and I told Harrison to say hello to Uncle Jon on the phone... he looked at me funny and then ran away. I thought he simply didn't want to comply with my request and then realized he ran into the kitchen to point to Michael's Uncle John. He never ceases to amaze us. Speaking of names, Michael used to call his older sister Alexis "Gekis" which we taught to Harrison since he cannot prounance her name either... he now calls her "Gekee."
Since mom had to go to work on the Friday after Thanksgiving, dad and baby came downtown to have lunch with mom.
While we avoided shopping on Black Friday, we did venture out Sunday to buy a Christmas tree, some lights and a new giant wreath for the outside of the house. Michael put the wreath over Harrison in the shopping cart and the expression on his face was priceless (although mom was too slow pulling out the camera)... his little mouth formed a big "O" and he blinked his eyes incesantly as if he expected the needles to get into his eyes and once his head was clear of the foliage he got the biggest smile on his face!
Later Sunday mom and Harrison went to the outlet malls as Harrison badly needed some clothes to get to tide him over until he hits size 2T. We picked up an awesome Columbia kids jacket to replace the cheap one with the broken zipper as well as this adorable moose beanie. The hat itself is cute but what really makes it adorable is the way Harrison says moose, like "mooosh." I was trying to get some pictures while decorating the tree and with the slow shutter speed in the low lighting I got this fun picture while the lights were moving around.
Look for the winning the picture in a Christmas card coming soon to a mailbox near you!



1 comment:
Priceless memories! Happy winter!
Post a Comment