Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Friday, December 31, 2010

The Many Days of Christmas (day umpteen)

On December 27th, a weird snow storm hit the area but only in a convergence zone which evidently converged right above our house. Although the buses couldn't get in and out of the parking lot, once I drove about 5 miles south, there was no trace of snow or rain. Harrison's day care closed early anyway so mom and baby grabbed Winston and played in the snow in the park.

Harrison's snow mittens are too big so picking up the tennis ball is like you doing it wearing giant oven mittens. Despite that, he still managed some good tosses.
Now in the umpteenth day of Christmas festivities, Grandpa Dale's gifts arrived so that we had more boxes to open and snow showers of packing peanuts. Start to finish, it took me nearly two hours to get through layers of packing tape, gallons of packing peanuts and mounds of bubble wrap and then pack it all into trash bags.
Seriously, a quintuplet of Harrisons could fit in the box.  
Can you tell what it is?
NEIGH, NEIGH! Harrison's very own, hand made rocking horse, compliments of Grandpa and his woodshop in his garage. Cousin Argenta also received one which we saw side by side before they were shipped. Of course it is cool that my father made it but it's great that they are not identical, each unique in it's own way. Grandpa complained that Harrison's got a bit of a dent on the seat but that doesn't bother us at all, it just adds character. That and Harrison probably would have put it there himself given enough time.
As if this prize winning pony wasn't enough, Grandpa also made Harrison a cart to move around his toys. As a disclaimer, I was the one who put the toys in the cart but rest assured that Harrison pushed his toys in his cart all over the ground level of the house!

You may also recognize Uncle Jon's wood blocks in the cart he made for Harrison last year at Christmas. His block stacking skills have improved and he can how stack and balance upwards of 7 blocks of all shape and sizes and thoroughly enjoys it. What excellent gifts!

3 comments:

Winnie said...

What wonderful gifts! Grandpa hit a jackpot with Harrison as I know HJ loves to push carts around!

terramisu said...

When can I put my order in?
Seriouly, I LOVE it! Nice work, U. Dale!

Ashley said...

I'm glad to see a picture of his hard work! He was telling us all about it. They look fantastic! Maybe I'll have him come visit us this spring and build a swing set!