Our little Harrison is in the verge, nay, the very cusp of turning 2 years old! With the arrival of his birthday just a couple weeks away, we will cease to continue counting his age in months (mostly because we can't count much higher than 24). I haven't been as diligent as I would have liked in documenting his new skills but here are a couple of things that come to mind.
Last weekend, he pointed to his new track jacket hanging on the hook and said "GEEN, GEEN" and I suddenly realized he was saying "green"; until that moment, he had never before categorized a color (although I wonder if someone told him it was green and that is just the name he has assigned the jacket... I will have to conduct some tests).
He wants to be like dad! Check him out in dad's ski helmet; not pictured are the giant ski gloves he wanted over both hands.
He LOVES Elmo and Sesame Street. In fact, he will beg to watch Elmo and read Elmo books. Aunt Sharon gave him this Elmo hat and while he doesn't always like wearing it, he likes to carry Elmo around with him.
He has learned to eat "real food." Up until recently, there was very little he would eat that wasn't fruit, pasta, cheese, pasta covered in cheese, or bread/tortilla covered in cheese. We made a major breakthrough one night when he asked to take "a bite" of my taco and then proceeded to eat most of it. The trend continued the next several nights which included some wonton soup I made; Po Po we knew you would want us to capture his first full meal of Chinese food! By the way, he refers to actively eating and drinking as taking "a bite." For instance, he asked me for a bite of my water or he will tell me to take a bite of his soup.
Harrison LOVES Buzz from Toy Story. I recently took him to the mall and he noticed the Disney Store for the first time... hard to miss with a revolving Daisy Duck and Chip and Dale in the window! Once inside, I decided to get him a piece of kids luggage because he will be staying at Grandmama's house this weekend. Once we purchased "Buzz," he insisted on pulling it behind him the entire length of the mall. Now at home, he asks to take Buzz with him to school in the mornings as well as up and down the stairs inside the house. His interest in Toy Story 3 makes TS 1 and TS2 look like a calculus lecture... you can't tear his eyes away from TS3. As a side note, his other favorite new movie is Ratatouille (which he calls "mouse"... it is hard to tell the difference between a rat and mouse). While we were watching it one evening, he pointed at my kitchen and and then back at the cartoon kitchen on the tv; then he pointed to his red play kitchen and then back at the tv. You could just see the light bulb turn on in his brain.
There is almost no trace of baby left in his sweet self. Just look at him here, he looks like a little boy through and through. He asserts his independence (except when he whines for mommy to baby him, pick him up, etc) and he wants to be like mommy and daddy. He asks to sit on the potty like us and he will pull off a bit of toliet paper and wipe his back side, throw it in the bowl and then flush. While his body has not associated when to "let it go" he is starting to take an interest. Also like a grown up, he seems to like some privacy when he has a BM... I can't tell you how many times he has walked out of the pantry with a dirty diaper! Totally a little man!

3 comments:
My my my my my! My little man has turned into a big little man, all in the matter of weeks! But I am very happy to hear that HJ actually eats wont ton soup! In another year he will be old enough to learn to use chopsticks!
I have to chuckle over you thinking there's no baby left in him. I guarantee, next year when he's turning 3 you will look at pictures from his 2nd bday and say, "My god, he still looked like such a baby!" I thought Morgan was so grown-up when Kiera was born-when I look at pics from that time I think "how could we have another baby when M was still one??" And she was 3.
We need to get Jack and Harrison together so that they can discuss the filmology of TS3. I would love listen in on that convo.-lol (Jack hearts Buh' and Wooooooody!)
He is still a lil' guy until he loses those baby cheeks. It is always a sad day when you realize those are gone.
Post a Comment