Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fish Tales

A short story for you to  muse over: A couple days ago, I picked up Harrison from day care just as the kids received goldfish crackers as a snack. When we arrived at home, Harrison pointed out to me that one had fallen from somewhere onto the kitchen floor, most likely it was previously stuck to our clothes. I didn't think too much of it since food falling from the sky is pretty common with a toddler around.

The next morning, I stand up from my desk at work to find a single goldfish cracker on the ground, partially broken as I had evidently stepped on it. As I waited for the elevator to take us downstairs, my friend commented that their was a lot of white fuzz on her black fleece jacket to which I replied, "fleece is annoying, but I evidently have goldfish crackers falling out of my wool coat!"

After returning to the office with our lunches, I hung my coat on the back of my chair rather than on the hook as I was eager to eat. Since my coat has a hood I always ensure it is flipped back rather than forward and over the front of my chair (simply because that annoys my sense of order!). To my astonishment, I glanced inside the hood to find:


You know you're a mother when you find several goldfish crackers stowed away in the hood of your jacket! I'm just glad it wasn't raining on my way to work...

1 comment:

Winnie said...

Funny story! I'll bet you might find a few more in your car seat....