June 1st was my last day at WF Bank after 13 years of continuous employment. I was hired in 1998 as a teller at the Campus branch next to the University of Washington which was so convenient since my dorm was two blocks away. The next 4 years were spent as a personal banker and then 3.5 years as a Service Manager. These last 5.5 years I have been an administrative assistant and worked with some amazing people, making my decision to leave that much harder.
Leading up to June 1st, my coworkers were exceedingly kind to me. I was taken out for a lovely lunch, given an annual zoo pass for Harrison and me to enjoy as well as a gift card to a salon to spoil myself. I had lunch dates with friends as well as coffee dates when I couldn't fit in anymore lunch dates. Many lovely phone conversations, cards and hugs. Since I gave 8 weeks notice, all the goodbyes were pretty much taken care of by the end of May so on June 1st, it was actually pretty uneventful. I was super busy trying to tie up loose ends and worked 45 minutes later than I intended and before I knew it I was riding the elevator down 47th floors for the last time and when I watched the city glide by as I rode the bus home I knew it would be awhile before I would be in downtown Seattle again.
I loved working but know that staying home is the right thing for our family. Down the road I am sure I will be working again but for now I am so thankful to have the means to not work and care for Harrison.
1 comment:
I am proud of you and your decision to stay home, Raina!
Post a Comment