To our delight, Harrison started sitting on the potty just after he turned two. He would be excited to use it on and off for a couple weeks at a time. In August we started to really buckle down and push him a little harder to use it more regularly which was made possible by his love of getting an M&M each time. In mid September, Harrison had finally achieved using it all day long, accident free, and would also tell me when he needed to use it. It seemed that the "hard part" of potty training was over.
![]() |
| Big Boy Underpants |
The first weekend of September I left for a couple days to go to Las Vegas by myself and while I was gone Harrison had one accident. No big deal. When I returned on Saturday afternoon he proceeded to have three accidents in a six hour period and continued to do the same the next day. I had read about "regression" during potty training but couldn't really pin point a good reason for it since he seemed just fine for the two days I was out of town.
In any case, it took about nine days but it looks like Harrison is back on the wagon again as we have had three days of perfect potty usage. Let's hope things stay that way, mommy gets really frustrated by this regression business.
During his initial phase of training, we baked some M&M cookies together to have as reward treats - it's his favorite kind of cookie!

4 comments:
Love that big smile on your face Harrison! A big thank you for letting Mommy to come to Las Vegas helping out on some family business! Hoping to see you and Dad soon for Thanksgiving!
How nice that he is doing so well! Isaac showed some interest a while back but with a newborn I was not ready! Now I'm ready, and he's not, so I guess I'll be waiting! Blaise took more than a year to potty train and still has accidents occasionally (he's almost 5!) so I'm kinda nervous to try again. Apparently I kinda suck at the potty training.
Oops, sorry, that was me - I was accidentally signed into Roy's account :)
Ashley I did the same thing on my husband's account on Facebook one day! I am sure training will be ongoing to some degree. Whenever I ask friends about potty training most either say "my kids a genius, he just did it!" or "don't ask me, I apparently suck at it!"
Post a Comment