On Sunday we went to the zoo which hosts a little trick-or-treat area, encourages costumes and puts out pumpkins for the animals to play with or eat. Evidently the hippos are the thing to see, although we missed out on their feeding. We did see the kamodo dragons tearing apart a jack-o-lantern to get at the dead mice left for them as a treat. Harrison asked, "what's that" and I told him they were mice and he said "like three blind mice. The mice are sleeping." I didn't really confirm or deny anything at that point. He does seem to understand that animals eat other animals, we just haven't really covered the whole dead vs. alive thing yet. I think I will have to soon...
Speaking of feeding, we arrived right during penguin feeding time and for a small fee Harrison got to dangle/drop little fish into the tank for "Raul", a South American penguin. As Harrison would parrot, "That's pretty cool!"
Naturally, we took him to go see the lions and there was a lioness napping on an outcropping rock and Harrison dutifully communicated with her using a big "ROAR" just as Simba would. He also tried this tactic with the tigers and a couple other beasts. He is mid-roar in both these photos.




No comments:
Post a Comment