Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Surviving the Snowpocalypse

Well, this snow storm has indeed become very snowy with about 10 inches at our house. While dad is able to drive the 10 minutes to work on a major, flat highway, Harrison and mom have stayed home since Tuesday morning rather than risk driving, although anything that is not a hospital or grocery store is basically closed. Monday night, mom did manage to get to the toy store and buy a couple of sleds so on Wednesday Gavin, James and Krissi came out to play with us at the park. The adults were basically sweating pulling the kids around and the kids were whining they were cold since they had to deal with being pulled around and were tired shouting commands at us like sled dogs.


Remember the sleds I bought? I found those once I walked into the fifth store I searched in. James checked four different stores and didn't find any. I mention this because as I was typing this, Michael just walked in the door from night sledding, wearing headlamps, on the nearby golf course with James and our friend Jared. He enters and says, "Help! I think I broke my thumb. And both the sleds are busted." Well, upon further examination, the thumb probably isn't quite broken but the sleds are after hitting a few jumps that should have been avoided. Who knew all this snow would provide so much entertainment!

2 comments:

Dreslaine said...

Michael must have closed his eyes!

Winnie said...

Fun! Something we Las Vegans miss out on!