The metaphorical icing on the cake was cousin Argenta came and got to play all weekend and she and Harrison were like peas in a pod. After we picked them up from the airport we went to little Italian restaurant for dinner where the kids were given balloons. After eating, they held hands and held their balloons in their outside hands and then slowly walked around the near empty restaurant grinning and giggling, Harrison eventually putting his arm around her shoulder. I turned to by brother and said "that is crazy cute" to which he replied, "Yeah. I don't think we were ever that cute. You were too bossy." I had no choice but to agree, I probably was really bossy.
On Saturday morning, we woke up Harrison and took the kids in their pj's to the local gourmet donut shop (Harrison's favorite thing to do - specifically in his jammies) and returned home to enjoy breakfast. Harrison had a piece of at least three different types, mostly the frosting. Hey, it's his birthday.
Later that morning we decided to burn off some energy at the local children's museum before nap time and the party...
![]() |
| Building a "Movie Theater" |
The instructors had some fun ideas to make the play activities correspond with the theme. For example, they told them to run as fast as they can, just like Dash from "The Incredibles." Some dads also took to "flying" the littler ones around the gym as well.
A wedge mat was placed upright and the kids took turns knocking down "the wall" just like Super Man or Mr. Incredible...
The inflatable tumble track was a huge hit, the kids really were flying through the air! Even Grandmama and Rae Rae gave it a try!
After an hour we enjoyed pizza in the party room as well as a cupcake-cake (cupcakes frosted with a ton of icing to make it look like a cake). I was impressed at what the local supermarket could do (although there may have been a little too much food coloring in the icing, you be the judge):
After food Harrison got to open his gifts which included legos, race cars, games and craft supplies, all of which he has happily played with every day since! Many thanks to our friends and family that made his day so special, Harrison had so much fun!
Up next: Harrison's 3rd Birthday, Part II (the after party)


















2 comments:
Yea! my whittle hewoes. Sorry Raina, I haven't done baby talks in years!
BTW, I love the capes you sewed, they are awesome!
Post a Comment