Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Friday, May 4, 2012

XXXIII

I think typing your age in Roman numerals is a good reminder of just how old you are getting, XXXIII = 33! On April 21st I was awoken bright and early by my little ray of sunshine who was promptly shushed out the door to retrieve a birthday present for me in another room. When dad and Harrison returned I was rewarded with a super trendy watch (chosen to match the aquamarine and diamond earrings I got as a push gift with Harrison) and a car detailing scheduled for next week. What could make a pregnant, aging mom happier than jewelry and hired help to clean a toddler infested car?! Michael has really honed his gift skills the past 15 years.


The boys than left the house and returned bearing pastries from a new French bakery including an almond croissant, my favorite!

At lunch time we went to a shred event and shredded about 20 boxes of documents that the previous owners had left under the house (that's two car loads, we shredded the other half last year!) and since we were near a furniture store I popped in and walked out a couple hours later with a receipt for a new dining room table and chairs! Happy birthday to me indeed, we have had an empty dining room for over two years and this was on my to-do list before baby is born.

That evening aunt Alexis came over to hang out with Harrison while Michael and I went to The Coterie Room which offers trendy French inspired food. An evening out without a kid in downtown Seattle really made us miss living in/near the city and we vowed to do it a little more often. Take note and let's see if we actually do it anytime soon.

2 comments:

Winnie said...

Fabulous watch Raina! French pastries, a gourmet dinner without having to clean up after a kid, a new dining table set, I think you are well-loved!

. said...

Sounds like a terrific birthday and that watch is gorgeous! Mike did great!!!