Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Papa, Jon Jon & Argenta Visit!

It has been a busy 6 weeks at our house with visitors coming and going. The day after PoPo, Grand Hart and Auntie Chyna left, Great Papa Hugh stayed with us for five days while Grandmama took some time to herself. At this point in my pregnancy, 89 year old Papa and I move at about the same pace and he is such a gentleman and so concerned for my well being that if I let him he would be taking care of me! I don't have any photos as we didn't do anything overly interesting, mostly Papa just tagged along to soccer practice, Little Gym, etc.

One afternoon Papa, Harrison, Winston and I walked to the park around the corner from our house with a picnic lunch in tow (Harrison is currently enamored of picnics, he asks for them a few times a week). There is a crosswalk to the park across a well travelled two lane street and Papa commented that all the drivers were so considerate to stop for us as soon as we approached the corner to cross. I responded that yes, the drivers in this area are usually very considerate but what I was really thinking was what a sight we must be... who is going to hit a very pregnant woman walking a dog with a presumably unpredictable three year old on a bike escorted by an elderly man utilizing a walker to cross the street? It almost sounds like the beginning to a joke: an old man, pregnant woman, toddler and a dog are crossing the road...

The day after Papa left Uncle Jon Jon visited with cousin Argenta for five days filled with toddler fun. Argenta is eleven months younger than Harrison and mimic everything he says and does with a giggle and a smile on her face. Jon says she doesn't play the same way with any other friends at home; these two seem to have some sort of bond that cemented during their last visit at Harrison's third birthday or perhaps at Thanksgiving 2011. Jon and I are of course delighted our children love each other so much, but I think we are also happy because we grew up with cousins just around the corner from us and it is nice to see that these two can have a similar bond even though they see each other only a couple times a year.


Sunday morning 7/22 everyone except me walked 1.25 miles to Cougar Park which recently acquired an awesome zip line and is one of Harrison's favorite places (side note: we have indoctrinated him so well that when I first took him there and told him the name of the park, he said he didn't want to go there because he was a [University of Washington] Husky [our rivals are the Cougars]... that kid makes us sing him the fight song at every bed and nap time!). Love these photos (PoPo, thanks for the fun t-shirts! HaAa!):







On Wednesday I took the kids by myself to Remlinger Farms to pick raspberries, see some animals and enjoy the amusement park style rides. After some initial tears from Argenta begging for her daddy and Harrison holding her hand and trying to console her, I finally convinced her to try picking a raspberry and eating it and from then on out we had a great time. Between me and the kids picking (and eating the loot) we came home with about two pounds of berries.


Upon entering the main part of the farm, the kids immediately ran to every painted cut out picture they could find, although they would not let me take pictures of them except this one I bootlegged before she could protest. 

The both loved the steam powered choo choo train (again they wouldn't let me take pictures) as well as the canoe ride, Ferris wheel and carousel. Most of the rides look antique but Fire Fighter Zaidy used to inspect these rides annually so I know they are definitely safe.




After lunch I was beat (it was an 80 degree day) but the kids caught sight of pony rides and I was glad to indulge them this last bit of fun. Afterwards the kids smiled ear to ear and they both remembered the name of their ponies; Harrison rode Kale and Argenta rode Coconut.



No visit from Uncle Jon Jon is complete without some unbridled fun. Check out the "spin machine" action!


I almost forgot, we needed to make a costume for Argenta to wear to school the day after she left here and she elected to look like an octopus. I found inspiration here and this is how it turned out. 


1 comment:

Winnie said...

Looks like the kiddies had a fantastic time! The octopus costume is sooo clever too!