Harrison asked me for only one thing in particular for his birthday (aside from a Star Wars party). Harrison came up to me and said something like, "mama, I want a pet, I want a pet fish. I want it in my room and I will take care of it and feed it. I really want a pet fish." I think he must have been thinking about this for awhile because when he approached me he pretty much had the whole thing figured out.
After talking it over with dad and Harrison to ensure he understood the responsibility of having a pet fish, I took him to a pet store where we chose a beta fish, a cubed shaped fish bowl, red and white gravel and one plant. Harrison was over the moon. Naturally I asked him what name he would like to give the fish and after thinking a moment he said, "Anakin, like Anakin Skywalker." Notice that in the photo Harrison put his Anakin Skywalker action figure next to the bowl.
Writing this six weeks later I am happy to report that Anakin is alive and seemingly healthy. Harrison has taken good care of Anakin, asks me daily if it is the day to feed him, feeds him himself (without over feeding him) and sometime talks to him. Anakin even "survived" a brief run in with Gavin sticking his fingers in the water (surely Tucker will do the same).


No comments:
Post a Comment