Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Saturday, April 20, 2013

One lip, Tulips

Lately Harrison has been trying to hone his comedic skills. For example, he will quickly rattle off something that resembles a story but it doesn't make any sense in which silly things happen and at the end he will say "that's a funny joke." Today I tried to teach him knock knock jokes but the ones I knew were only mildly funny to begin with and he didn't understand the puns to really find it funny.

On Monday, I spontaneously took the kids to Skagit Valley for the Tulip Festival. On the 50 minute drive north I tried to make him laugh by talking about "tulips, three-lips, four-lips" and found that the humor was lost on him. Actually, I think he gave me a sympathy laugh. That aside, Harrison is acquainted with a photo of him and me at the tulip festival when he was a couple months old and he was excited to go. He caught sight of fields of daffodils while in the car and awed with delight. Once he set foot in the dirt and mud outside of the car and gazed upon the actual rainbow of tulip fields he squealed and began jumping up and down in anticipation.

As walked the fields, Harrison noticed that the tulips are planted in rows with troughs in between the rows I presume to let water flow through without the flowers becoming waterlogged. He began jumping from row to row as we moved along the field with many passersby smiling and commenting on his enthusiasm and skill. In fact he pretty near hopped around the entire main field, but 1/3 of the way through he eventually misstepped; although he does not like to be dirty in a wet way (such as muddy), the boy in him enjoyed the mud while the mom in me kicked myself for forgetting to bring his rain boots.


 







1 comment:

. said...

So fun to read through all that you have been up to! Hoping you had a happy birthday yesterday too! Happy (belated) Birthday Raina!!!!