I often marvel at how quickly the boys grow but while I am distracted I seem to continue aging as well. For my 34th birthday, I awoke to dad juggling the two boys and successfully making breakfast for twelve although it was just us! I did my best to eat my way through the feast of pancakes, berries, bacon, sausage and orange juice and then I was told that I would be spending much of the day by myself at the Salish Spa, a beautiful resort next to Snoqualamie Falls.
The Falls are a favorite of mine as Michael took me there on our first Valentine's Day and packed us a picnic of what I thought were fancy cheeses (smoked gouda, brie, havarti), but the northwest in February gave us lows clouds, misty rain and fog so we picnicked in my car. Totally romantic.
My spa day was very relaxing and I definitely felt pampered. Shortly after my return home, grandmama came to watch the kids while we went to dinner at "Charles at Smuggler's Cove," a french restaurant in Mukilteo on a bluff overlooking the Puget Sound with views of Whidbey Island and eagles floating on the breeze. We enjoyed our dinner next to a window so we didn't miss out on the view.
The next day (Sunday) was my actual birthday and we drove to downtown Seattle for Harrison's Little Gym "Show Team" performance at the Seattle Center. While there was a good chance he might freeze up on a stage in front of a group of strangers without mom or dad next to his side, he did not suffer from any stage fright and did his part.
We were very proud of his hard work. In this video, he is doing cartwheels which he struggles with; I won't lie, his are the worst of the group (the teachers are a bit confounded as he can't decide which foot he favors to lead with, he switches back and forth so it's hard to hone the skill). But I love the way he tackles them the best he can. By the way, he is one of only two boys are the team right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment