Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Four year old talk

Here are just a few funny things Harrison has said recently which I had the common sense to write down before I could forget it:

Today we were at the dinner table and I asked Harrison to do something with a "pretty please?" to which he replied, "mama you mean 'handsome please'.

During Grandpa dale's visit over Tucker's Birthday: 

Harrison: Grandpa is a "Grandpa Mister" yes, he is definitely a Grandpa Mister.
Me: Why is grandpa a "mister?"
Him: Because he is a MYSTERY
Me: Why is grandpa a mystery?
Him: It's a mystery why he is so funny. I just don't know why grandpa is so funny all the time...

Also Harrison has been very interested in learning new words lately. The other day our conversation was like an episode of Sesame Street. This is a reenactment of our conversation, the subject matter was probably different but here is the gist:

Him: Mama, I like Tucker's new robot sweater
Me: Yes, I bought it because it is a lot like the dinosaur sweater I got you. They aren't the same but look alike
Him: They are not the same, they are similar, right mama?

He even enunciated and elongated the word "similar" for me, almost as if he was teaching me the word.

The other day he asked me what "Burgermaster" meant (it is a drive in burger place he loves):

Me: Well, "master" means you are really good at something you do. So Burgermaster means that they make the best burgers.
Him: Ok. Mama, you are a cooking master, because you cook the best food.
me: Thank you Harrison! They have special names for those people, "Master Chef."
Him: Mama, you are a master chef!
(this was very surprising considering he usually moans and tells me daily that dinner "looks disgusting")

No comments: