Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lots of fun with Grandpa

During Grandpa's visit over Tucker's birthday week, he kindly told me that I didn't need to run him around to go see stuff, he just wanted to spend time with us and hang out at home. I gladly took him up on his offer however I couldn't resist finding a few fun things to do.

In addition to all of Tucker's birthday preparations and celebrations previously mentioned, we also took a thirty minute drive north to a blueberry farm. After enjoying a picnic lunch, we trekked to the back of the rows of blueberry bushes and started filling our buckets. At first, grandpa didn't see the fun of the activity but once we found some good, full bushes and got going everyone seemed to have a good time. Harrison probably ate more than he put in the buckets but he was a great helper, reaching all the awesome pockets of berries that were way down low. I had Tucker on my back in a metal frame backpack and the one time I sat down I had a very hard time standing up again so Harrison was invaluable!

Seven pounds of berries later, I eventually made two blueberry pies and eight blueberry hand pies and all of them were delicious. The farm had a great picnic area, some animals, a play structure, sand box and a "fishing" pond in a kiddie wading pool that Harrison loved.


Before catching an afternoon flight out of town, the kids and I took grandpa to the Evergreen State Fair on opening day. We were able to enjoy a couple hours of farm animals, prize chickens and week old piglets. Harrison was very intrigued by the children we saw entering animals into the 4H competitions, probably because he is intrigued to have a pet other than a fish.


Now that he is well over four and a half years old, he is quite accomplished at begging to play carnival games and asking to ride the many rides. I allowed him to choose three things so he and I rode a dragon roller coaster (he thought it was awesome) and played two fishing type games where he caught a rubber duck with a prize value marked on the under side. He choose a little Care Bear with the "small prize" he won and he choose a Batman plush doll from the "medium" size prize, both of which he loves.


We always have a lot of fun when grandpa comes to visit. After he left, Harrison wanted to know when he would be back again!

No comments: