Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Harrison is Five!

It happened faster than I ever could have imagined. Our first born Harrison Jay turned five years old! I can't help but be a little sad every time one of their birthdays come around, there is always a part of mama that wants them to stay little. However one of the things that makes me saddest is I almost never get a good birthday picture with them. Tucker's 1st? Nope. Harrison's 5th? Nada. I think Harrison's second birthday was the last time I got a decent photo. Oh well.



Birthday's seem to go on and on all week long, despite my intention to not blow these things out of proportion. Harrison's birthday was on a Tuesday and since it was the middle of the week we needed to mark the occasion so we took him to his favorite restaurant, Red Robin. Free ice cream sundae and birthday song, of course.

At school we brought in cookies and he got to wear that sweet blue and green birthday hat too. Later that week Grandpa, Uncle Jon Jon and cousin Argenta flew up for to celebrate with us. With these special family members visiting then we needed to have Auntie Chyna and her boyfriend as much as possible including a dinner out to Emory's on Silver Lake Sunday night.


Sunday morning Harrison got to invite 8 friends to a birthday party at "Island Time" which is a new play cafe near our house. Frozen yogurt, laser tag, play structure and Chucky E. Cheese style games the kids win tickets from and redeem from a giant prize vending machine! And because lunch and fro-yo wasn't enough I brought cupcakes as well; the kid's got to have a candle to blow out, right?! Actually Harrison didn't really understand that he had turned five on Tuesday, he wouldn't believe it was official until he had his "friend birthday party."










So much fun! But since the venue wasn't really well suited to have extended family come to watch, we instead decided to invite them over Saturday night for a casual family dinner and birthday cake.









By the time I took Grandpa to the airport Monday I was exhausted so when Tucker took his afternoon nap so did mom. But the exhaustion was worth all the fun we had all week long. Happy Birthday Harrison!

No comments: