Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Friday, October 17, 2008

It's a Boy!

Welcome to my first post. I have no idea if I will be any good at writing interesting content, but I figure that my main reason to start this is so our family can see the kiddo; therefore I know someone will read it.

It's official. Baby Fein is Baby BOY Fein. We would have been happy no matter the outcome, but Michael is very excited. He hasn't admitted it yet but I wouldn't be surprised if he started scouting out the local Little League to find a competitive team with a good coach that feeds into a great high school program. Now he officially has an heir to (a) carry on the Fein name (b) inherit his nice watches (c) teach how to throw a curve ball (d) inherit the Drill he specifically bought with the intent to last to pass along to the next generation and (e) take to Husky Football Games. Winston, our dog, is excited to become a big brother and looks forward to much face licking and eating the scraps of falling food from the high chair. I am looking forward to coming home each day to "the boys" and am just elated to start this journey.

Michael has painted the baby's room a loverly silver-sage green color I found in a Restoration Hardware catalogue and matched at Home Depot. My maternal instincts have already driven me to commit to making curtains, pillows, etc and I bought a serger off of Craig's List (I'm not messing around); of course I'm not much of a seamstress but I already learned how to hem my new maternity pants by a watching a very instructive video on YouTube. I also have plans to do some simple paintings for the room as well. These are just some of my planned projects.

On the other hand, Michael's "nesting" instinct is in overdrive. Monday we start a major remodel. We are blowing out our master bath and turning it into a walk through closet and making the adjacent "office" into a master bath. This is a lot of work that makes me nervous however the thought of a jetted bath tub calms my anxiety. We have decided to hire a contractor to help ensure it is done on time and this project will mark the last of the major renovations on this house (most of you know about the 2006-2007 Kitchen expereince).

I will post some pictures eventually, I just wanted to get this blog going before I didn't do it at all. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Shivonne Byrne said...

Great blog - great idea!! Keep the posts coming...Shivonne

Winnie said...

A serger and hemming your own maternity wear? That's my girl! I'm proud of ya Raina. Keep up all the good work that you are doing....Mom

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am so happy you started a blog! OMG--that video on how to hem your pants was hilarious (I can't believe I watched the whole thing...) So dramatic with the background music, etc. haha