Talking to mothers or reading pregnancy books there is mention about crazy birth dreams. The books say that this is normal because your body is of course preoccupied with the impending arrival and the psyche has all sorts of desires or fears which manifest in crazy dreams. For instance, I had a friend who dreamed she birthed a chocolate colored Labrador puppy and someone told me her friend dreamed she birthed a can of Hi-C.
Well, last night I had my first dream (at least that I recall) so I figure that I better blog about it before I forget it.
All I know is that I am having contractions and it is like a month before my due date and I have somehow gotten myself to the Hospital however Michael is not there yet. The doctor goes to check things out down there when I yell "It's coming, it's coming, I can't stop it!" and then I suddenly birth all my internal organs. Seriously... there is my liver, intestines etc on the bed but no baby. I am freaking out that I will die without my organs but the doctor just says calmly, "looks like we will have to do a Cesarean Section to take the baby out and put all your organs back in." At this point I know it is about 2 am and I don't know where my husband is despite calling him on his cell phone. I must have woken up because I don't remember anything else and I never saw the baby.
Not as funny as birthing a puppy but birthing all my internal organs doesn't make a whole lot of sense either! For all you amateur psychologists out there, feel free to analyze the dream and post it to the comments.
3 comments:
Wait until after you have the baby! You dreams get scarier!!!-lol!
Oh the pregnant dreams that I've had! Not a whole lot about birthing anything, but a lot of crazy dreams.
Oh no! I don't remember having delivery related dreams like that, but I do know my regular dreams get pretty crazy with all these hormones doing wacky things.
Post a Comment