Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Baby Showers!

Last weekend I was treated to 2 baby showers, one with my girlfriends and the other with family and family friends and WOWEE was I showered with gifts! A hearty thanks to everyone that contributed to BBF's upcoming arrival - not only were they a lot of fun and it was great seeing everyone but the generosity was overwhelming. We brought home tons of clothes, essentials, handmade blankets and good advice along with some pretty interesting name suggestions (including "Mortimer" and "Aloicious!") My girlfriends also specfically themed the shower around books to help build BBF's library and it was great to receive so many books. I love that many of my friends chose their favorite books from when they were young.














The festive weekend was made even more fun as my mom and sister came up for the showers as well as our friends San Francisco, Atilla and Claire. I hadn't seen my family since September and at that point my baby bump was pretty small so it was great to have them rub the belly in it's full glory and feel Barry moving around in there.








Since Chinese New Year was Monday, on Saturday we enjoyed Dim Sum at King's Chinese Restaurant in Bellevue for lunch and as you can see the belly is big enough to balance a piping hot cup of tea.


The entire weekend was an eating schmorgaasboard. My favorite "Princess Torte Cake" was at the baby shower (marzipan covered cake with a layer of raspberry and the most delicious cream), we had the family over Saturday night for dinner which consisted of Ezell's Fried Chicken (Oprah will have it shipped to her in Chicago) and besides the delicious food at the showers, we brought leftovers home... grandma Peggy's delicious chicken cassarole, more cake etc. Hence, the BIG belly :)



Thank you Ashley, Brennan, Dreslaine, Peggy for planning and hosting the showers as well as anyone else that contributed with decorating and food (Melissa, Alexis, Rae Ann...). I will always have great memories of last weekend.


3 comments:

Jesse said...

Good work on all the books! We read to Cameron as part of her nap routine and I think I like it even more than she does! Nothing is better than her sitting on one of our laps and looking up - binkie in mouth - becuase she knows that she'll get a kiss. Good luck to both you and Mike on the whirlwind ahead...it will be the best (and craziest) time!

. said...

How fun!!! I was bummed I couldn't make it up there, but am glad the parties were a success! Can you believe BBF will be here so soon?

Please don't really tell me that is your sister next to you and your mom (who looks amazing by the way)?!?! I remember her being born and am starting to feel really old. She is such a cutie though!

GOOD LUCK and remember...the epidural is the way to go so you can enjoy your delivery!!!

terramisu said...

Oh! Looks like fun! I will get my act together for the next one- lol!