For my 30
th birthday, I asked that we pack up the whole family for a weekend get-a-way and my wish was granted with a stay at the
Alderbrook Resort on the shores of the Hood Canal (the only fjord in North America!) which is on the Washington state peninsula. We packed up baby and dog and boarded a ferry in downtown Seattle and 90 minutes later we felt a million miles away. I was treated to a 90 minute hot stone massage (so relaxing that I don't remember half of it!) which was needed more than I had realized.
Saturday night we sat down for a nice meal in the restaurant however Harrison refused to take his normal nap and got so worked up and beyond tired that he literally couldn't fall asleep. Our half eaten meals and dessert had to be sent up to our room so we could finish and Michael ended up putting him in the stroller and walking up and down the hallways and around the grounds for 30 minutes to get him to fall asleep. Ah, the joys of being a parent!
The blog is giving me trouble arranging the pictures so they are not in the best story telling order:

Daddy & Harrison playing on the bed. The room had 20 foot ceilings, a small deck, a window bench and a lovely view of the Hood Canal and the mountains.

The
shwanky resort allows pets; Winston was very at home and enjoyed barking on the deck at a cat on the lawn below.
Chillin'

A sunset walk on the beach (it sounds like a cliche, but truly a lovely evening!)

Dog and dog's best friend

Family photo opp on the beach

"Discovery." At low tide the beach was littered with oyster shells. I found a
particularly big one, covered in barnacle like shells; Winston was very intrigued.

Michael skipping stones; Winston running into the canal to try to fetch them

These boulders are on top of a small waterfall in the courtyard below our room


View of Seattle from the ferry

On the deck of the ferry; I believe Bremerton is in the background
2 comments:
Ahhh! a vacation. How long til schools out???
It looked like ou enjoyed a much needed getaway!
Oh! I think we have done the stroller-down-the-hall-till-the-baby-falls-asleep on about every vacation we have had for the past 9 years. I feel your pain!!!
By the way-
Goatheads are creepy-(however it is not something that Jon hunts and mounts on the wall-lol)
They are plants that produce nasty thorns that we keep getting stuck in our feet. I am pretty sure they are the Devils spawn!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Trte_003_lhp.jpg
Post a Comment