Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Monday, August 17, 2009

6 Month Stats, Sweet Potatoes

Michael took Harrison to the pediatrician last week and received some good news - he is definitely growing! Dr. Anderson was very impressed at how well he can sit up now, which he has been doing pretty reliably for the last 3 weeks or so; evidently he is ahead of his peers in the sitting up category. He can also roll over both ways so we can't leave him on any raised surfaces by himself; he has threatened to roll off the changing table a few times already.



Length: 27 1/4 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 16lbs. 13 oz. (35%)
Head Circumference: 17 1/8 inches (40%)

Did you read my "Monthly Milestones" post? At his 4 month check up, he was 24 inches long = 18th percentile and now he is at the 75th percentile! They actually had to measure him twice to confirm he grew 3.25" in two months! It must be all my fatty breastmilk.

Speaking of fatty... mommy has finally decided to eat healthier -- not dieting, just watching what I eat. I was drinking a Grande Almond nonfat steamed milk every morning as I reasoned I needed the calcium and liquids but decided to cut it out to save myself 240 calories. Since I did that, I also cut out the the muffin/scone/donut or other delicious baked good I would often consume along with it. I immediately lost two pounds! I am now just 5 pounds over my pre-baby weight although the fat seems to have redistributed to different parts of my body. I won't be one of those moms who say "child, I gained all this weight because of you!" It was all totally worth it to have Harrison is our lives.

Like watching him eat his first vegetable - now that's entertainment! He never really like the rice cereal so we skipped ahead to pureed sweet potatoes (with a little rice cereal mixed in!). Sweet potatoes has quickly become his favorite food. Like any baby, quite a bit ends up on his face, bib and hands but there was one meal where he didn't have a spot on his bib... almost every drop stayed in his mouth! Mommy was SO proud! It looks like this kid is going to love food just like his parents.






1 comment:

Winnie said...

Eat, Eat, Harrison!