Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Argenta Mapel-Lee

Argenta Mapel-Lee was born on Friday, January 15th to proud parents Jonathan Mapel & Audrey Lee in Cambridge, Mass. Argenta weighed about 6 lbs 5 oz and is a healthy baby girl.
I am so excited to be an aunt, although Argenta has FOUR aunts and I need to figure out how to be the favorite. Jon and I Skyped with our kiddos in our arms, his sweet baby girl swaddled and sleeping and my normally cool Harrison squiggling out of grasp, trying to grab the camera and screaming when I wouldn't let him have it. Luckily Argenta won't recall this first meeting with her cousin.



My cousins lived the next street over for most of my childhood and we spent nearly every weekend together, sleeping over, playing with Barbies, travelling the additional four blocks to swim at grandpa and grandma's house, etc. Michael and I talked about how I was sad that Harrison and Argenta will likely always be separated by many miles and he came up with a great idea. When they are older, we think it would be great to send one to the other's house for a week each summer. Not only would we get time with our neice, but hopefully it would be like summer camp for her and a fun time hanging with her cousin. Plus we could have a kid free week to ourselves every other year. It's a win-win if you ask me.


4 comments:

Winnie said...

Good planning! And add Grandma Winnie to this mix and each one of you will have another kid-free wee each year! :0

Winnie said...

i mean week, not wee! HaHaha!

. said...

She's adorable! Congratulations on becoming an aunt!

terramisu said...

Like 3 minutes ago Jonathan was asking for his baby Osacarrrr and raising a ruckas. (Yeah- I said ruckas) and now he has his own baby to raise ruckas. What strange universe are we living in????

I am soooo excited for Jon and Audrey and know he will be an amazing father! Congrats to them!!!