Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Team Fein is Moving to Mill Creek!

Alas, I am very behind on my posts which I fully blame on the holidays. That and the fact that we bought a new house the first business day after Christmas!

While we were in Las Vegas over Thanksgiving, a realtor we had contacted months ago called Michael as we had asked him to keep an eye on one particular house. The Tutrows, good friends since college and members of our wedding party, live in Mill Creek (a suburb of Seattle) and informed us that the house next door would be going into foreclosure in the fall. The realtor followed the house as it was sold from bank to bank and put up for auction. When it did not get picked up in auction, our realtor found out that it would be put on the market the week after Thanksgiving at well below value.

Luckily, our return flight from Las Vegas was the Friday after Thanksgiving so we landed and basically drove straight to the new house, where we found another realtor leaving with a prospective buyer. The house wasn’t on the market yet and these were basically the only two realtors who had the information so it was obvious that this house could be in for a bidding war. After the walk through and a second visit on Sunday, we decided that we loved the house (the layout is great, the space is beyond copious, the neighborhood is lovely, safe and has awesome public schools) and that we wanted to make an offer.

I am proud to say that Michael and I are very fiscally prudent and have saved money and kept our credit spotless so when I called my mortgage rep and said “I need a mortgage NOW!” we were approved quickly and able to get an offer in that afternoon which the bank accepted (although they did dilly-dally and we think they were waiting for another offer from that other person who had looked at the house). We got our keys just after Christmas and began feverishly packing last weekend and prepping the new house for our arrival this Saturday!

I will miss our Kirkland house. Harrison was born into that house and took his first steps there. We have an amazing new master bath and closet that I had barely a year to enjoy (can you guess which room will be the first to remodel in the new house?!) in addition to all the renovations through the years (complete kitchen remodel, new carpets and floors, fireplace overhaul). Our Kirkland neighbors are truly wonderful and have been very giving to us over the years and we will miss having them next store.

We are keeping the Kirkland house to rent for a couple years… let us know if you or a friend are interested.

Pictures of the Mill Creek house are forth coming as I haven’t had much of an opportunity to blog and take the time to upload photos…

3 comments:

Unknown said...

where is Mill Creek from your house now...? Dad

AMB said...

Sweet! Welcome to the neighborhood! What subdivision are you living in? We are close to 132nd and Seattle Hill Road. You are going to love the area!
- Anna Marie (Rick Bean's wife)

terramisu said...

Yay! That is great that you found a big house. (But I know what you mean about missing your first house and all the memories there)