Harrison, your momma used to have straight hair. When she was a little kiddo, it was stick straight. Although she permed it to imitate a poodle for a few years in the late '80's, it has been pretty straight ever since. Well, your momma got tired of it. Rather than get a "mom cut" and cut all her hair short so she doesn't have to style it, she decided to get a "digital perm." Unlike her perm of 1989, this employs heated rollers and makes hair softer and gives a more natural looking curl. Your momma likes her new hair so you may not see it straight for the next 10 years. But for the sake of posterity, let it be recorded that your momma used to have straight hair.
Before
During...
lots of heated rollers with lots of padding to prevent burns; so heavy my neck was aching!
After.
The curls will relax some and hopefully look bigger like they were wrapped around a curling iron
3 comments:
Totally love it! What cracks me up is the last time I went in to get my hair trimmed, I started asking the stylist about perms and curling techniques....great minds sure do think alike!
Enjoy the new do it looks terrific!
Now you are a HAWT Momma!!!!
I like it! I had never even heard of "digital perms". Everything is digital these days I guess :)
I have to admit that I just did the "mom cut" and chopped all my hair off so that I actually have time to wash it in the morning and get it dry before I go out into the freezing air! I don't like it much, but it's better than a sloppy pony tail everyday.
Last year I was considering a perm - I might reconsider it after this pregnancy.
Post a Comment