Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Baby Fein: Due Sept 14, 2012

I recently visited my doctor and had an ultrasound to measure the size of the baby as well as get a more accurate due date. For some reason I am amazed that all babies should grow at the same rate, so much so that they can get an accurate due date (although as Michael pointed out, cells must divide at a predictable rate!). Based on the lovely pictures below, baby number two is due September 14th (two days after daddy's birthday). 

My mom recently asked me if we had a fun name for the baby. Some of you may recall that we referred to baby number one as "Barry" until Harrison's actual birth. So far we have no fun name although Harrison has recently been referring to the little one as "Rolley", the namesake being the little pudgy puppy in "101 Dalmatians" who constantly whines he is hungry (Harrison calls himself "Lucky" or "Patches" depending on the day while I am "mommy dog - Perdie" and daddy is "daddy dog - Pongo"). In any case, Rolley is starting to grow on me... yes, I know, bad pun. 

Starting my second trimester in a couple of days and feeling pretty good. The nausea is pretty much gone and last week I evidently got an early nesting kick. Michael and Harrison left the house for 90 minutes and came home to find I had switched most things in the the two spare bedrooms, mattresses and box springs in the hallway awaiting dad to help move them. 

As part of my master plan to rearrange the two spare bedrooms and the office downstairs (just to accommodate one baby), I ordered a couple new desks and we put one together last weekend in the empty dining room.  This afternoon I really wanted it moved into the office so using some good old Raina ingenuity I managed to pivot and slide the 80 pound behemoth into the office without injuring myself. Don't worry mom I didn't over do it; and you will be happy to know that with my new desk in the office I can much more easily scan things, making the ultrasound photos you see here before you possible relatively quickly. 

Speaking of scanning, I am working on a project to digitize old photos starting with my dad's old photo albums. I found a company that will do it all for me and with an awesome online deal it is relatively cheap and will save me a lot of time... it took me about 6 hours just to take all the photos out of the old sticky albums! In any case, there were a couple photo booth type photos that are tiny and I was worried they would get overlooked next to 3x5's so I scanned them myself, just in case. So here is a picture of cute baby Raina (with mom and dad rocking the super sweet 1979 style!). I must have loved the flash. 


2 comments:

Ashley said...

I've done a lot of furniture moving while pregnant the same way - lots of pivoting! One day, when I was pregnant with Isaac I decided it was time for the kids to have bunk beds, so I had the employees at the store load it into the van for me, but when I got home I opened the box and carried it into the house piece by piece because I wanted to get started on it before Roy got home. When you are pregnant and in the mood to reorganized/redecorate, sometimes you just can't wait!

Winnie said...

Watch out House!