Justin and Ali also drove us up into the mountains to take the boys tubing. The area was down the road from a ski resort and had nice, groomed hills free of trees and a magic carpet to ride up the hill. Unfortunately it was far enough away from the waiting/viewing area that my little camera didn't take any worthwhile photos but it looked like fun and I wished I wasn't pregnant so I could enjoy it too. Poor Harrison felt that the first run down was a little too steep and fast and even though dad was holding onto him tightly he didn't really have fun. Dad convinced him to make a second run and while it was less scary, Harrison called it quits and Hudson followed suit. So the little boys played in the snow next to the moms while the "big boys" made a few more runs.
As if their house wasn't already a lot of fun, Ali and the kids made Harrison a super awesome belated birthday cake! Ali is really talented, we were so lucky to enjoy one of her cakes, it tastes even better than it looks!
We also visited the Butterfly Pavilion which indeed had lots of butterflies flitting about, as well as other insects and a play area that included a mini zip line for kids. Harrison LOVED the zip line and if there hadn't been a line of kids he would have done it more than three times.
| Hudson holding a tarantula |
| Harrison sticking his tongue out at some butterflies near the tip of the branch |
I made the silly mistake of turning the camera around during filming but it's only a few seconds if you crick your neck to the side. Take note of Harrison's awesome dismount:





2 comments:
Well, it stopped good ole PoPo's heart for just a second at the end there. I actually went Ahhh!
Sounds like a fun trip! I should have shared...Aaron Jensen now lives in Denver. Next time you're there, you'll have to look him up. :)
Post a Comment