Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Dawn of a New Era
All of you know by now that our President Elect is Barack Obama. Michael, Winston and I watched the election returns Tuesday night eagerly anticpating the annoucement (all the while eating "Election Night Fajitas" from the local Mexican joint) . While it was obvious to us that the networks refused to call the election even though the math worked out in Obama's favor, it was still amazing at 8:01 PST when they annouced the polls were closed on the West coast and that Barack Obama would be the next president of the United States. We couldn't help but acknolwedge that this historic moment brought a tear to our eyes, not only becuase he would be the first African American president but also because our son would be born under his administration, which we hope will be a time of positive change for our country and our society. Without stirring up a political discussion, I have to say we have President Bush to thank for Obama's election... I honestly believe that if our country were not in such a mess that our citizens might not have been ready for this step forward. In any case, whatever your political beliefs, I hope that you are looking forward to the change that is at our doorstep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment