Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Monday, November 24, 2008

More Monkey Business


This monkey is literally "business." At work we have teams that were each assigned a stuffed monkey to dress up for a contest with the monkeys going to deserving children during the holidays. Long story short, all the monkeys are named "Roman" so our team agreed to make our little guy a Roman Gladiator. Considering I am on a sewing kick, I volunteered to sew the costume, however i have never made such a thing in my life. Despite this small set back, I managed to do a pretty good job as you can see. My team mates are going to make him a helmet and shield and we really want to build him a chariot, although none of us has any idea how to pull that off. In any case, yeah for me, I'm proud of this costume. There is a red cape that's hard to see here and the "kilt" looking thing is buttoned on... i tried to make this costume interactive for the kids so parts can be removed with buttons or velcro.


My mom used to sew our costumes every Halloween and we even won a city costume contest the year she made me a Court Jester. I got a VHS copy of E.T" and like 50 bucks, but i just recall being bummed about ET becuase i always thought that movie was boring as a kid. My husband reports that ET scared the crud out of him so he hated that movie. I think it still scares him. I, on the other hand, just crave Reeses Pieces when i watch it. Well I hope to be able to sew some cool costumes for Baby Fein eventually.

1 comment:

Winnie said...

Yeah! I remember you and your brother Jon both also won a costume contest as a pair of Racoon siblings! I think you are going to have some fun with Baby Fein!

Mom