
On Saturday, I busied myself with sewing a couple "Hooter Hiders" which are basically modesty covers for nursing mothers. There is a piece of boning at the top that causes it to bow out enough for mom to see the baby and allow air flow while the strap around the neck keeps it from slipping off. I made one for my friend who recently had a baby and one for myself (the brown/turquoise one). I feel a remarkable sense of satisfaction knowing that I made something myself at a quarter of the cost and the item is unique so I won't see every other mom with the same item. My Sunday project it to make curtains for the baby's room.
Following in his father's footsteps, Michael became politically active Saturday volunteering for the local Obama campaign. He and Jerremy Hunley spent four hours canvassing Bellevue in an effort to ensure people get out and vote (hopefully for Obama and local Dems). In the late '70's & early '80's, Earl Fein was an activist in the local Democratic party meanwhile Dreslaine was a "Michael P. Keaton," active with the local Republicans; evidently they were even featured in the local paper as the "Odd Couple" in the life section. Dreslaine was here at the house when the campaign called asking for volunteers so when he agreed she said, "Your father would have been proud." I am sure Earl would have been proud, but Winston, baby and I are as well.
Saturday night we had dinner with Jerremy & Jessica who introduced us to a Greek restaurant on lower Queen Anne called Panos Kleftiko Greek Taverna. Great food and atmosphere with great friends. I would certainly recommend it, the only catch is you need to take me there with you... baby Fein is definitely a fan of Greek food.
3 comments:
I am so proud of you Raina, taking pride and satisfaction in something you made which is unique and costing only a fraction of the commercial price! I can't wait to see the curtains for the baby's room... Mom
Way to go Raina. At this rate you'll have sewed up everything you need and I'll be forced to send you a store bought gift instead of something unique and personalized =). Keep up the great work!!!
You're lucky to have something to cover up. After nursing my 4 babies I now have tic-tacs where "hooters" used to be.
Oh! Did I just say that out loud? lol
Good jobby on the sewing! They are cute and look just like aprons, which are becoming so popular right now!
Post a Comment