Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Monday, January 12, 2009

"Pregnant Woman Breaks Into Home"

Michael took a well deserved 24 hour trip to Vancouver, B.C. with a buddy to see the Vancouver Canuks Hockey game (Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon). With some quiet time on my hands Sunday, I decided to attend to some neglected chores around the house as I hadn't been feeling well the last several days. Since it was raining, I closed the door behind me as I took out the garbage only to return to a locked door (with a barking Winston behind it). Several of you may think, Good thing your neighbor boy has a key since he takes Winston out during the day. Well, sure however I stood outside my locked door swearing becuase I had just watched the family drive off for church 20 minutes prior.

So What's A Pregnant Girl To Do? Husband in Canada and not due home for 4 hours. I could have found another neighbor, called Micahel to call his parents since I don't have their number memorized and hope that they have their spare key and can let me in. However, I am way to stubborn to go that route (I had chores to conquer!). Instead I recalled that there is a certain window that doesn't latch properly. I managed to pry it open 6 inches only to be stopped by the wooden dowel that I protectively had jammed into the window ceil to prevent theives, hoodlums and robbers from breaking in. I tried slamming the window back and forth to see if the dowel would jump the track... no such luck.

Finally, I managed to get the window to pop up and over the dowel and open the window just wide enough to squeeze this big girl through it, but not without me climbing onto a flower barrel and nearly falling off! (don't worry mom, I am safe and sound). Winston looked thoroughly perplexed watching the whole thing.

I can't help but picture the whole situatuion as an onlooker from the street... like a cat burgler slipping through a window at midnight peering out to see if he is being watched... just change it to a fat girl trying to hoist herself onto the window ledge at 10am in broad day light. Better keep my day job, eh?!

3 comments:

Winnie said...

No comments......Mom

. said...

Thank you for the hysterical laughter!!! You always have been very stubborn and very determined. I can just picture you going through the window.

Darling Diebel Den said...

You sound like me...except my husband was out on errands and I was told to wait for him before climing my 81/2 month pregnant belly into our attic to get the Christmas decorations. I got all the containers (10) down by myself, and he showed up as I was climbing down with a guilty look on my face! :)(Actually, I was told to not get up there at all...luckily everything was OK!) I still do not know how I fit up there. Especially after just putting all the containers back up there recently...there is no room to move!